Fare is seeking to appoint an LGBT+ reference group to support its work on LGBT+ inclusion in European Football.
This group will provide a reference point, expertise and insight, as required, to support the role of FARE’s work with LGBT+ communities and football.
The group will meet at least 3 times a year, most meetings will be held remotely but some will be in person. We aim to have a first meeting in February 2019.
We are looking for up to 10 volunteers with knowledge and understanding of at least one area of LGBT+ inclusion. We want applications from all areas including LGBT+ football activists, fan groups, players, and administrators.
Successful candidates will have:
- An understanding of issues surrounding LGBT+ inclusion in football in Europe
- Experience of working on LGBT+ inclusion in football, either voluntarily or in a paid capacity
- An appreciation of the diversity of LGBT+ experience across Europe and an intersectional approach
- A commitment to collaborative working and positive communication both within the reference group and with Fare staff, Board and other stakeholders
- A commitment to the aims of Fare
- An ability to communicate issues in English
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and covering letter addressing the above points by Monday 4th February. Send by email to [email protected] marked ‘LGBT+ inclusion group’
The Fare network is an international NGO working to tackle discrimination in football and using football as a means of social inclusion and social change.