The Football v Homophobia month of action kicks off in February and the Fare network has offered grants for grassroots groups that will organise events to promote LGBT+ social inclusion in football and tackle discrimination during this period.
During the month of December we held an open call for organisations to apply for grants. We are pleased to say that the following 23 groups have been awarded Football v Homophobia grants to support their activities:
- Dynamo Windrad, Germany
- Proud Baggies, England
- Nogometni klub Rakičan, Slovenia
- ARCOPOLI, Spain
- Suomen Monikulttuurinen Liikuntaliitto, Finland
- CHAMPIONS ohne GRENZEN e.V., Germany
- Caram’elles, France
- CHRZĄSZCZYKI SPORTS CLUB, Poland
- LEAP Sports Scotland, Scotland
- Ліга Толерантності, Ukraine
- MUST (Marseille United Sport pour Tous), France
- Football Club Paris Arc En Ciel, France
- Queer Football Fan Clubs Netherlands, Netherlands
- Centre Evolutif Lilith, France
- REVERS, Russia
- ASD Quadrato Meticcio, Italy
- Asociatia MozaiQ LGBT, Romania
- Saplinq, o.z., Slovakia
- Diversport, Spain
- Сдружение “Глобъл организейшън фор дивелъпмънт /Г.О.Д./”, Bulgaria
- NVO “CRNOGORSKI CENTAR ZA RAZVOJ KULTURE I SPORTA-KULSPORT”, Montenegro
- Асоціація “Кармелюк”, Ukraine
- NGO”Crnogorska nevladina sportska organizacija”, Montenegro
Several initiatives will take place during the month of action including conferences, workshops, tournaments, and more, all advocating LGBT rights in sport with the aim of ensuring that everyone can enjoy, participate in and practice football.
Register your activity
If you plan on hosting a Football v Homophobia activity of your own you can also register your activity here. We will help you promote it.
Last year activities took place in countries including Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Finland, France, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine and the United Kingdom. You can be a part of it in 2019.
Let us know what you plan to do!