Football v Homophobia grants available for exceptional projects to make football more inclusive of the LGBTIQ+ community during the FVH month of action in February.
Fare and Football v Homophobia (FVH) are joining forces to offer grants to help the organisation of initiatives challenging prejudice and the exclusion of LGBTIQ+ people during the FVH month of action in February 2021.
We are offering grants for exceptional activities that promote the increased inclusion and representation of LGBTIQ+ people through football.
If you have an idea for a project that can challenge discrimination and encourage inclusion get in touch. We are offering sums up to 1000 Euros (1000 USD outside of Europe).
2020 has been a difficult year with COVID-19 and growing political movements that seek to limit the rights of LGBTIQ+ people. If you have a project that can offset some of the pandemic’s adverse effects and support positive rights in the face of repressive ideas we want to hear from you.
As global restrictions on playing and watching sport continue, we encourage applications that find creative and impactful means of promoting inclusion, either through transnational cooperation and partnerships, education, or lobbying.
The application process is open from Monday 7th December until Monday 4th January 2021. Applicants will be contacted that week with a request for more information or a decision.
Some ideas you may want to consider:
- Projects developing long-term transnational collaboration for global issues impacting LGBTIQ+ community
- Creating policy or new practices for sports bodies in your region or country
- Events that develop agendas for change with an implementation plan
- Intersectional activities, for example linking with the Black Lives Matter movement, reproductive rights campaigns etc.
- Developing creative ways or new opportunities for educational outreach activities
- Strategies for lobbying sports bodies or policy makers
All activities should be implemented during the month of February 2021.
Fare’s Football v Homophobia Campaign: https://www.farenet.org/campaigns/football-v-homophobia-month-action/
Football v Homophobia website: https://www.footballvhomophobia.com/